Colour blocking!



Orange T-shirt - Primark £8
Purple and orange kick skirt - Topshop £32 originally, reduced to £20
Tan wedge shoes -  New Look £25
Tan leather belt - Topshop £20


I've had this Topshop skirt for a while now - it was another one of those things I bought in the sale and has hung in my wardrobe forever without being worn! But now that the trend for colour blocking has come about, I decided to dig it out. I needed a top to go with it, so had a look in Topshop, but couldn't find any quite the right colour. It was the assistant there that suggested I try Primark, as they apparently had lots and stock. Sure enough, I managed to pick up this one for £8 - bargain! I haven't been in Primark for ages, as it went off its cheap yet not-so-cheerful appeal, but I was pleasantly surprised when I visited :-)  

Some inspiration if you fancy trying out colour blocking yourself...


Pippa Middleton, Rihanna, Camilla Belle, Whitney Port
Colour blocking at Gucci


The rules:

1. Stick to two or three colours max - too much will be an eyesore. I even switched my signature bright pink lipstick for a orange toned one.... now that is dedication to colour blocking!
2. Don't be afraid to combine clashing colours - the louder the better! Orange and purple look great, as does an electric green tone.
3. Keep it simple! The look works best with neutral accessories... don't be tempted to mix with prints or patterns.


What do you think of the trend?? Any nice pieces you've seen in the shops??







Comments

Popular Posts