Anna Lou of London at London Fashion Week! #HPMLFW

Wow - talk about a crazy week - London sure is hectic! But as tired as I am, I love the fact there is always something amazing going on - right now, London Fashion Week!

I was lucky enough to be invited to Handpicked Media's London Fashion Week VIP Lounge, held at the lovely One Aldwych 5 Star Hotel in Covent Garden. And it definitely lived up to its reputation! At the event, we were spoiled wrotten with hot stone massages, beauty treatments and manicures, and even a Charlie and The Chocolate Factory themed High Tea. Champagne, candyfloss and cute little cheesecakes in chocolate eggs.... I don't how they came up with it, but it was pretty amazing!

Aldwych One Hotel

Charlie and The Chocolate Factory High Tea

With the bags full of goodies I was given, I have a lot of product reviewing and blog posting to be getting on with. But first of all I want to start with my new favourite jewellery brand, Anna Lou of London....

Anna Lou began to make a name for herself in 2004, when she started selling handmade jewellery on Portobello Road Market, yet it wasn't long before the likes of Harvey Nichols, House of Fraser, Harrods and Selfridges cottoned on to the gorgeous pieces she was producing. Whilst many other designers would go into mass market production, what I love about Anna Lou's New Luxe Collection is that all pieces are handmade and created in her design studio in London. 

Anna Lou
Luxe Collection
At the event, I  chatted with Anna Lou herself (above), and was amazed at just how passionate she was about her brand and products. What I love about the things she produces is the amazing attention to detail that you wouldn't normally find with such fashion forward pieces.


Above are some of her more traditional gold styles, but all with the quirky slant signature to the Anna Lou brand. What also makes Anna Lou so special is her bespoke jewellery, offered at a very reasonable price for a unique personalised piece. You can choose from a range of necklaces, bracelets, and even rings, which can all be engraved with anything from initials, names or special messages. What's really cool is that you can visit the website and see what you're name would look like on the necklace. I'm now desperate to get my name engraved on a ring like the one below. So cute!! 



My favourite pieces that she had on display are pictured below. I love the punky edge to these pieces, a combintation of the enamel and leather bracelets really give the collection that modern gurney vibe. 






I was lucky enough to leave with one of the hammered bracelates in Rose Gold - I absolutely LOVE it!! I've only been wearing it for two days, and I've already had countless compliments on it. Clearly my friends can spot good jewellery when they see it :P 

Rose Gold Hammered Bracelet 


Although there was none on display at the event, I noticed when browsing the website  - http://www.annalouoflondon.com - that she also produces scarves and candles. I may need to hunt down a stockist in order to smell one - they look great for gift ideas!

And to top it all off? Delivery from the website is free!!! Which might be dangerous... you may see some more Anna Lou pieces cropping up in my posts :P I'd definately recommend you take a look : http://www.annalouoflondon.com, and let me know if you treat yourself to anything nice!! 


I'll get round to reviewing some of the other goodies soon, but first I'm jetting off to Milan tomorrow to view the new Spring Summer collection from McQ Alexander McQueen. I can't say too much, but I have already seen a sneak preview.... and I can tell you there's some amazing pieces coming up!! 

Watch this space....

Comments

Popular Posts